Amman - The paper Jordan 2025: A national vision and strategy documents Jordan's long-term national vision, strategies and policies that correspond to the basic principles of sustainability, institutionalization, excellence, competitiveness, and meritocracy. The proposed development approach based on these principles clarifies the roles of all actors in the community and the importance of their participation in the process and implementation of the proposed framework.
Jordan 2025 is based on the identification of a set of goals that the Jordan government aspires to achieve through the adoption of procedures and policies on the sectoral level. The objectives include:
- Economic growth, fiscal stability, reduction of financial waste and public debt to safe levels.
- Foreign investment by enhancing and increasing business and investment competitiveness.
- Development of economic sectors through market creativity and honing the tools and means of high-value-added export-oriented sectors.
- Encouragement of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Enhancement of the policies governing the labor market.
- An increment of women's participation in the labor market.
- Giving necessary attention to people with special needs.
The paper is divided into two sections. The first part summarizes Jordan's economic and social reality, addresses the challenges related to health, education, employment, economic sector, resource management and security issues related to water, energy, and food. These challenges are then analyzed across four pillars namely citizens, the society, the business sector, and the government.
The second section reviews the new growth model that enables the achievement of the goals and aspirations that the Jordan government aspires to achieve in 2025. It demonstrates ways to stimulate growth, achieve prosperity for Jordanians, determine required skills and resources, and review mechanisms to create an enabling environment. This section also reviews the baseline and targeted scenario and includes the recommendations that reinforce the rule of law, strengthens the roles of institutions and encourage competition on all levels.