The miraculous musical featuring a host of international stars and dancers is now available to experience in a free-to-download special edition book-and-DVD set.
LOS ANGELES – The holidays are fast approaching, and this year world events have made humanity’s longing for peace stronger than ever. Loving the Silent Tears: The Musical is the perfect answer to one’s wish for a more harmonious planet, and with the online release of the special edition book-and-DVD set, free to download from SilentTearsMusical.com, the play can now be enjoyed by all.
It was just three years ago in the City of Angels that some of the most accomplished artists representing six continents sent a message of cultural understanding to a capacity audience at Hollywood’s Shrine Auditorium. Spiritual in nature, exuberant in tone, and sparkling in its visual tapestry, Loving the Silent Tears featured the love-infused poetry of world-renowned spiritual teacher, humanitarian, poet, and artist Supreme Master Ching Hai, whose anthology Silent Tears inspired Oscar-winning composer Al Kasha to set its verses to music.
“The musical’s message is faith, compassion, gratitude, finding your way out of despair, and finding your inner peace and joy,” says Grammy-winning R&B/pop star and cast member Jody Watley in “The Making of Loving the Silent Tears,” one of the four-disc set’s many bonus features.
Directed by Tony nominee Vincent Paterson, creator of world tours for Michael Jackson and Madonna, and choreographed by Emmy winner Bonnie Story, known for her work on High School Musical 1, 2 and 3, Loving the Silent Tears is a breathtaking journey across the globe, brought to life through the artistry of Broadway stars, pop icons, and other top artists. This outstanding array of talent includes two-time Grammy Award-winning singer Jon Secada, Tony winners Debbie Gravitte and Kiril Kulish, and Emmy winner and Tony nominee Liz Callaway, among others.
As an international revue, there is simply nothing quite like it. Woven through it is the heartfelt story of an older woman, Joy (played by Tony nominee Patti Cohenour), who is embittered with life, and a young man, Pete (award-winning actor Luke Eberl), who is newly experiencing the temptations of worldly existence. Through their personal triumphs and losses, we find in Loving the Silent Tears a valuable medium for encouraging gratitude and a deeper purpose in life.
The musical continues to touch a chord in audiences today through DVD screenings around the world, which are often attended by high-profile dignitaries, celebrities, and members of the media. After attending one such screening in Tokyo earlier this year, Japan’s former First Lady Miyuki Hatoyama said, “I was extremely touched by this rare musical celebration performed by many great artists who had identified with [Supreme Master Ching Hai’s] philosophy and gathered together. Such a message got through to me, and I felt that it will really be an important matter for the earth’s future.”
At Costa Rica’s screening event, the country’s renowned television host Inés Sánchez de Revuelta said, “I really feel like watching it one, two, three and ten more times. And I very much wish that all of Costa Rica and hopefully the entire world can see it because it is marvelous.”
Artistically refreshing and marvelously wise, Loving the Silent Tears may very well be a magnus opus heralding a new form of theatre. It goes beyond entertainment to boost the spirit and positively transform our world.
The special edition book-and-DVD set features The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Musical, Sheet Music and Poems, and the 4-disc DVD set. You can view and download the free e-versions of the set (no login required) at SilentTearsMusical.com.
Here is a complete list of the cast and composers involved in Loving the Silent Tears:
• Jon Secada, 2-time Grammy-winning pop star
• Jody Watley, Grammy-winning R&B/pop star
• Black Uhuru, Grammy-winning reggae legends
• Debbie Gravitte, Tony winner
• Kiril Kulish, Tony winner
• Liz Callaway, Emmy winner and Tony nominee
• Patti Cohenour, Tony nominee
• Flo Ankah, French singer
• Camellia Abou-Odah, Arab singer
• Junior Case, actor
• Luke Eberl, award-winning actor
• Hồ Quỳnh Hương, Vietnamese singer
• Mark Janicello, Italian tenor
• Liel Kolet, award-winning Israeli singer
• Katie McMahon, Irish soprano
• Brian Joo, Korean pop star
• Heather Park, Korean R&B singer
• Fabiana Passoni, award-winning Brazilian singer
• Siavash Shams, Persian superstar
• Kay Tse, Chinese platinum pop star
• Jorge Calandrelli, 6-time Grammy winner and 2-time Oscar nominee (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
• Al Kasha, 2-time Oscar winner (The Poseidon Adventure, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
• Doug Katsaros, Emmy winner (Footloose)
• Henry Krieger, 2-time Grammy winner and 3-time Oscar nominee (Dreamgirls, “Listen”)
• Don Pippin, Tony and Emmy winner (A Chorus Line, Mame)
• Nan Schwartz, Grammy winner (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1)
• David Shire, Oscar and 2-time Grammy winner (Saturday Night Fever)
• Jon Secada, 2-time Grammy winner (“Just Another Day”)
Watch and find out more at SilentTearsMusical.com.
Email: [email protected]